Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Foster agreement

Waggytail Rescue Foster Agreement

  • I enter into this contract and hereby agree to give foster care and shelter to rescued dogs for a limited period of time.
  • I understand that I hereby agree to be a temporary custodian of rescued dogs for Waggytail Rescue. I understand that Waggytail Rescue has no prior knowledge of the rescued dog(s)’s health or temperament, and I will take all necessary precautions to protect others and myself who might come into contact with the dog(s). I will not hold Waggytail Rescue responsible for property damage, or harm to other dogs or persons who may come into contact with the foster dog(s) while it is in my care.
  • I understand that Waggytail Rescue will be responsible for payment of all vet care necessary while the dog is in my care.
  • I understand that written prior approval for reimbursement of funds is ALWAYS necessary.
  • I understand that Waggytail Rescue will not be responsible for any injury or illness contracted by any dogs privately owned, or to people.
  • I agree that the dog(s) I am fostering will not be removed from my address or disposed of without written prior approval of Waggytail Rescue. I understand that under no circumstances will a Waggytail Rescue rescued dog be bred or be allowed to breed. I understand that all Waggytail Rescue rescued dogs must be kept in safe, sanitary and healthy conditions. I understand that all Waggytail Rescue rescued dogs must be spayed/neutered before placement is made unless determined by evaluation that surgery would be unsafe for Animal.
  • . I understand and accept that Waggytail Rescue makes no representations or warranties concerning the health, temperament, behavior and/or previous ownership of the dog(s).
  • I will be patient and tolerant during the transition period (which can last from a few days to a few weeks, in some cases, months). I am prepared to work with the dog(s) on basic training, such as housebreaking.
  • I will keep the dog(s) primarily inside the home; the dog(s) will not be outside without proper adult supervision. I will notify Waggytail Rescue if any medical treatment becomes necessary during the time caring for the dog(s) and will see that the dog(s) get necessary medical treatment as soon as they need it.
  • I will not hesitate to provide necessary emergency care if Waggytail Rescue determines necessary. I will advise Waggytail Rescue prior to any veterinary care I feel the dog needs and seek approval prior to bringing dog to any vet. I understand that Waggytail Rescue has approved veterinarians and I will be advised as to appointments deemed necessary.
  • I understand and accept that prospective adopters may wish to visit the dog(s) before adopting them. I am willing to allow people to meet the dog(s) either at my home or at a mutually convenient place.
  • I understand that no dog may under any circumstance be released to a an adoptive home without an adoption agreement and the required donation being secured.
  • I understand and accept that the dog(s) is (are) and shall remain the sole property of Waggytail Rescue. I will be liable for $1,000.00 as liquidated damages for breach of contract and injury to the reputation of Waggytail Rescue. In addition, the dog must be returned, with all paperwork and accessories provided, to Waggytail Rescue immediately, at my sole expense. The laws of the State of New York shall govern this agreement
  • I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Waggytail Rescue from any direct or consequential damages arising out of this foster Care Agreement. This includes any and all manner of actions and causes of actions, suits, debts, dues, accounts, bonds, covenants, agreements, judgments, claims, and demands whatsoever arising out of or relating to the adoption, placement, and /or possession of the dog(s). IF, AT ANY TIME, IT BECOMES THE OPINION OF WAGGYTAIL RESCUE THAT THESE CONDITIONS ARE NOT BEING MET, I UNDERSTAND THAT WAGGYTAIL RESCUE MAY RECLAIM THIS PET IRRESPECTIVE OF ANY EXPENDITURES THAT I HAVE MADE. I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A LEGAL AND BINDING CONTRACT.
  • Except as set forth above, Waggytail Rescue makes no representations, warranties or guarantees and assumes no liability for the health, age, sex, temperament (including the capacity to bite), behavior, or condition of the fostered Animal. undersigned, hereby agree to hold Waggytail Rescue, including any shelter personnel/staff/volunteers/directors, harmless from any and all Liabilities on account of any personal injuries, which may be sustained by myself while in attendance of this shelter or in participation in any shelter/rescue program. This includes but is not limited to meetings of adoptable animals, animal training seminars, and the fostering of adoptable animals.
  • I acknowledge and accept the risk of personal injury, bodily harm, sickness contracted or any expenses incurred that may result from interacting with shelter dogs and cats.
    I hereby release and discharge Waggytail Rescue, any shelter personnel/staff/volunteers/directors individually from any responsibility or liability in connection with Waggytail Rescue. I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, AND UNDERSTAND IT AND AGREE TO ITS TERMS:Signature: ___________________________________________________________ Date: _____________________Name: ____________________________________________ Address: ________________________________________________________Home Phone: ________________________ Work Phone: __________________________ Mobile Phone: ________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment